Apr 14, 2010

Meditating on Stella McCartney Dress

I found this FABULOUS Stella McCartney dress on ShopStyle.com and can't get it out of my mind. The way it flows, the way it dances around your thighs, the way it winks at me... it's a total tease! Of course, it's $2,000 and I know there is no way in hell I could go out and purchase it (not unless I move out and refused to support my family). So, I thought I would play the visualization game. I added the dress to a full date night look and am posting it here as my meditation focal point for the next few days (breathe).

On another note:

Why is fashion so calming for us? Why, after a super stressful day, can we get lost walking through stores, touching fabric, looking at lines and dreaming? It's pure therapy and always seems to calm me down.

I found it interesting when I took my daughter shopping this past weekend, that after a few minutes in the store she said "I was totally stressed before coming into the store, and now I'm excited and energized to try things on". Poor thing, she's caught the illness and there is no cure.

Oh well, it could be worse. Back to meditating on this fabulous dress...

No comments: